The aim of a jointly proposed and developed project between Nordisk Sikkerhet AS and the Federal State Unitary Enterprise «Atomflot» (AF) is to improve the elements of a physical protection systems at FSUE "Atomflot" in continuation of active work to implement the commitments of the Russian Federation for the removal of spent nuclear fuel from Andreeva Bay. Proposed PPS improvements include an installation of modern physical protection systems along the outer perimeter of FSUE Atomflot.
Federal State Unitary Enterprise «Atomflot» (AF) - operator of Russian nuclear-powered icebreakers and special vessels
Norwegian Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority (DSA) by the means of the Norwegian Government’s Action Plan for Nuclear Activities and the Environment in the Northern Areas for 2018-2022;
4 649 909 Norwegian Kroners;
Programme manager: Pavel Tishakov
Project manager: Kirill Ilin
JC “ELERON”, a subsidiary of the Rosatom State Corporation, is nominated as the sole contractor to perform the works on design, building and modernization of the physical protection systems (PPS) for FSUE “Atomflot”.
- Nordisk Sikkerhet AS [project implementor];
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise «Atomflot» (AF) [project partner/beneficiary/recipient];
- JC “ELERON”, a subsidiary of the Rosatom State Corporation, is nominated as the sole contractor to perform the works on design, building, and modernization of the physical protection systems (PPS) at FSUE Atomflot;
- Norwegian Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority [project donor];
- Commission on international humanitarian and technical assistance under the government of the Russian Federation [project registration as international technical assistance].
Oct 2019 – Apr 2021
A total of 117 new kits/items of PPS equipment was procured and installed at the perimeter of FSUE Atomflot within the scope of this project financed with support from the government of Norway. Russian side is responsible for c0-financing, procurement and installation of duress alarm PPS equipment.
With installation of modern PPS components within the framework of this project, the level of PPS at the AF's perimeter will be closer to fulfilling the Rosatom and Rostechnadzor's modern requirements for PPS at the facilities with RN materials. An outside threat to the AF site will be reduced.
Project outputs, its purpose and intended outcome remain unchanged throughout the project implementation.
20 January 2022
- Project number
- Project title
- Project summary
- Technical area
- Benefitiary/receipient organization(s)
- Funding country
- Funding organisation
- Project budget
- Project leaders
- Procurement info
- Participating organizations
- Start/completion dates
- Main results
- Photos and videos
- Media publications
- Last update