The aim of a jointly proposed and developed project between Nordisk Sikkerhet AS and the Federal State Unitary Enterprise «Atomflot» (AF) was to improve the elements of a physical protection systems at FSUE "Atomflot" in continuation of active work to implement the commitments of the Russian Federation for the removal of spent nuclear fuel from Andreeva Bay. The PPS improvements included an installation of modern physical protection systems along the outer perimeter of FSUE Atomflot.
Federal State Unitary Enterprise «Atomflot» (AF) - operator of Russian nuclear-powered icebreakers and special vessels
Norwegian Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority (DSA) by the means of the Norwegian Government’s Action Plan for Nuclear Activities and the Environment in the Northern Areas for 2018-2022;
Swedish Radiation Safety Authority (SSM) via DSA.
5 602 394 Norwegian Kroners;
Programme manager: Pavel Tishakov
Project manager: Kirill Ilin
Project back office: Daria Plyshevskaya
JC “ELERON”, a subsidiary of the Rosatom State Corporation, was nominated as the sole contractor to perform the works on design, building and modernization of the physical protection systems (PPS) for FSUE “Atomflot”.
- Nordisk Sikkerhet AS [project implementor];
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise «Atomflot» (AF) [project partner/beneficiary/recipient];
- JC “ELERON”, a subsidiary of the Rosatom State Corporation, was nominated as the sole contractor to perform the works on design, building, and modernization of the physical protection systems (PPS) at FSUE Atomflot;
- Norwegian Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority [project donor];
- Swedish Radiation Safety Authority [project donor];
- Commission on international humanitarian and technical assistance under the government of the Russian Federation [project registration as international technical assistance];
- Royal Norwegian Consulate General in Murmansk [participation at the equipment handover ceremony at Atomflot].
Jul 2020 – Mar 2022
A total of 34 new kits/pcs of PPS equipment was procured and installed at the perimeter of FSUE Atomflot within the scope of the project financed with support from the government of Norway and Sweden. Russian side was responsible for c0-financing, procurement and installation of 6 new kits/pcs of PPS equipment.
With installation of modern PPS components within the framework of this project, the level of PPS at the AF's perimeter are closer to fulfilling the Rosatom and Rostechnadzor's modern requirements for PPS at the facilities with RN materials. An outside threat to the AF site is reduced.
Project outputs, its purpose and intended outcome remained unchanged throughout the project implementation.
25 August 2022
- Project number
- Project title
- Project summary
- Technical area
- Benefitiary/receipient organization(s)
- Funding country
- Funding organisation
- Project cost
- Project leaders
- Procurement info
- Participating organizations
- Start/completion dates
- Main results
- Photos and videos
- Media publications
- Last update