The aim of a jointly proposed and developed project between Nordisk Sikkerhet AS and the State Border Guard Service (SBGS) is to strengthen the capability of the Lisichansk unit of the Luhansk border detachment of SBGS to detect illicit RN materials (e.g. alpha and beta radionuclides) and to provide the detachment with post-detection equipment and training for RN materials control.
Non-proliferation of radiological and nuclear (RN) materials
State Border Guard Service (SBGS) of Ukraine;
Lisichansk Unit of Luhansk Border Detachment of SBGS;
Norwegian Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority (DSA) via the Norwegian Government’s Action Plan for Nuclear Activities and the Environment in the Northern Areas for 2018-2022;
5 382 600 Norwegian Kroners;
Programme manager: Pavel Tishakov
Project manager/project support in Ukraine: Pavel Lebedev
A total of two open public procurements are planned within a scope of the project for the following equipment:
1). One special purpose vehicle for post-detection activities and radiation monitoring;
2). 10 portable multifunctional devices (with alpha, beta and gamma channels) intended for search, localisation and assessment of RN materials;
All tender documents will be openly published on the public procurement website in Norway - Doffin.no, on the Tenders Electronic Daily (TED) public procurement website in Europe, and on the Nordisk Sikkerhet’s website.
- Nordisk Sikkerhet AS [project implementor];
- Administration of State Border Guard Service (SBGS) of Ukraine [beneficiary/project partner];
- Lisichansk unit of Luhansk border detachment of SBGS [recipient];
- SBGS training center in Orshanets [provision of trainings, table-top and field exercises on the use of newly supplied equipment];
- Norwegian Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority (DSA) [project donor, assistance with project registration as international technical assistance];
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine [project registration as international technical assistance].
Jun 2021 – Nov 2022
02 August 2021